A Savory Stew of our Favorites

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jan Bullock's Lasagna

I was so proud of myself after I made this because it was so good! I couldn't believe it turned out as good at it did for being such an easy recipe.

Cook 1 package of lasagna noodles. I discovered a new kind of noodle that doesn't require cooking before it's placed in the in the pan. Cuts 20 minutes out of the cooking process. It worked great!

Brown 1 lb. hamburger, 1 small onion, and 1/2 clove garlic in 1 T olive oil.

Drain grease from hamburger and add 4 cans of Golden Grain Italian Style Marinara sauce. I couldn't find any Golden Grain, so I used 2 cans of the 1 lb, 8 oz Classico Spicy Tomato and Basil pasta sauce. Add a bay leaf and simmer for 15 minutes.

Spray 9x13 pan. Layer half of the noodles, half of the sauce, sprinkle liberally with mushrooms (I thought the mushrooms made the dish), sliced olives, half of a large container of cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and lots of mozzarella cheese.

Repeat layers, top with Parmesan. Bake 350 20 minutes. Let sit 20 minutes before serving.

From: Mom Santini

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm . . . we have a neighbor named Jan Bullock who served as mission presidents in Japan. Are these the same people?

    ReplyDelete