A Savory Stew of our Favorites

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Holy Moly!!!!!

I am making the most divine treat in the history of the world! And it's on THIS page because it's FULL of unhealthy goodness. When JD and I were in Sedona, the bed and breakfast place served these delightful squares and JD about keeled over and DIED out of pure blissfulness. So I tracked down the recipe and am making them this very second as a surprise for our date tonight. I can't WAIT to pull them out. They have a crust that I just put into the oven and the dough was the best dough I've EVER tasted. Even better than cookie dough. Seriously.

I like to rename special recipes and have dubbed this one:

Rosemary Sedona Squares

Crust:
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 T chopped fresh rosemary

Filling:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
5 T flour
2 T chopped fresh rosemary
Zest of 1 hardy skinned medium orange
Juice from about 1/2 an orange (about 1/2 cup)

Cut in butter to the rest of the crust ingredients and press into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. DO NOT LET THE TOP BROWN. Cool 5 minutes. Beat together remaining ingredients and pour over pastry. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes until top has started to brown and puff up. Remove from oven. When cool, cut into squares. Garnish with orange zest and rosemary.

From: Lodge at Sedona

No comments:

Post a Comment