A Savory Stew of our Favorites

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Todd's Famous Pancakes

I don't know who Todd is, but I thank him. These really are the best pancakes I've ever had. Don't freak out about the batter getting puffy and weird. It's what makes these so good. They are really fluffy. The site says you can make them right away instead of waiting for them, but I haven't tried them that way.

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed (I used fresh raspberries, so any kind will do)

In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk. Stir milk and egg into flour mixture. Mix in the butter and fold in the blueberries. Set aside for 1 hour.

I sprinkled the berries on top of each one instead of mixing it in with the batter.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

From: Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment